Timothy S. PoeschlPartner, Minneapolis Office
Timothy Poeschl is a partner in the firm’s Minneapolis office. His practice is concentrated in civil litigation and subrogation matters. Mr. Poeschl handles subrogation cases of all sizes, primarily involving fire and water losses, collapses, commercial property loss, commercial lost profit claims, business interruption claims, and agricultural losses. Mr. Poeschl’s defense matters involve personal injury and property damage on first- and third-party matters.
Mr. Poeschl has significant experience in successfully handling large loss and catastrophic loss subrogation matters involving agricultural claims of all types. He has experience handling damage to buildings housing hogs, cattle, horses, alpaca, turkeys and chickens. His experience also includes tractor fires, farm work comp claims, and farm equipment failures.
Mr. Poeschl is licensed in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan and is licensed to practice in federal courts in Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa. In addition, Mr. Poeschl has successfully handled subrogation cases in many states across the upper Midwest, including Wyoming, Ohio, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Timothy Poeschl is a regular speaker for various entities offering CLE credits. His unique insight on subrogation claims from both the defense and subrogating carrier’s perspective, along with his sense of humor, makes Mr. Poeschl a popular speaker amongst clients and other vendors.
Mr. Poeschl received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Minnesota Duluth. He earned his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, MN. When he is not in court, he is next to the court coaching his sons on their traveling basketball teams. In his spare time, he competes in triathlons, and has completed six full Ironman distance races and eleven 70.3 distance races.
- University of Minnesota Duluth, 1994
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2001
- United States District Court- District of Minnesota
- United States District Court- District of Colorado
- United States District Court- Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court- Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court- District of Nebraska
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (State Chair)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Volunteer / Public Service
- Kennedy Girls Traveling Basketball Coach (5 Seasons)
- YMCA Basketball Coach (7 seasons)
- Bloomington Lions Basketball (2 seasons)
150 S Fifth StreetSuite 3650Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402 (612) 564-4881Email