Susan M. BensonOf Counsel, Los Angeles Office
Susan Benson is the managing attorney of the firm’s Los Angeles office. She has more than 30 years of experience in subrogation litigation. Her career has been devoted exclusively to handling subrogation claims in the areas of homeowner, fire and automobile losses for some of the most prominent insurers and subrogation professionals in the industry.
Ms. Benson has significant experience litigating all size losses and has successfully litigated cases in every courthouse in the State of California. She prides herself in being able to provide the highest quality representation in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Ms. Benson is a former member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) and is served as the Co-Chair of the NASP Subro College Committee and Co-Chair of NASP’s Litigation Skills and Management Conference in March, 2018. She has been instrumental in developing NASP Chapter networking and education throughout the country along with writing various Amicus briefs on behalf of NASP on important subrogation issues in California.
Ms. Benson is a member of the California State Bar Association and has presented many seminars for NASP on both the local and national levels as well as for the Claims & Litigation Management Conference and the West Coast Casualty’s Construction Defect Seminar. Ms. Benson is the recipient of the 2012 NASP’s President Award, the 2010 Spirit Award, and the 2009 NASP Chapter of the Year Award. She also authored “Automobile Subrogation for the New Appelman on Insurance Law Library Edition” which was published in 2015.
Ms. Benson resides in Los Angeles with her husband and two children and likes to play golf and tennis in her spare time. She has been instrumental in fund raising projects for the local schools and religious charities.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, BA 1983
- University of West Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Certified Subrogation Recovery Specialist (CSRP), 2014
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court of the Northern District of California
- United States District Court of the Southern District of California
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Certified Subrogation Recovery Specialist (CSRP)
- Past Board Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Encino Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management
Volunteer / Public Service
- Los Angeles Unified School District Volunteer and Fundraiser
- Local Religious Education Volunteer
5535 Balboa BoulevardSuite 219Encino, California 91316 (747) 233-7150Email