Anooj M. ThakrarPartner, Austin Office
Anooj M. Thakrar is a partner in the firm’s Austin office. His practice focuses on general and commercial litigation with an emphasis on large loss property subrogation, construction defect and product liability matters. Mr. Thakrar also represents the insurance industry and individuals on catastrophic losses stemming from wildland fires.
Mr. Thakrar has a multi-jurisdictional practice and litigates cases throughout the United States. He has tried cases to verdict in both State and Federal courts situated in Illinois, Wisconsin and Georgia.
Mr. Thakrar is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas, the State of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois and the Eastern District of Wisconsin. He earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree from the State University of New York College at Geneseo in 1999 and his Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School in 2003.
Mr. Thakrar is a nominated member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. He has volunteered his time as an instructor for the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Chicago and as a Judge for The John Marshall Law School’s Dean Fred Herzog Moot Court Competition. He also served as an instructor for Fire & Arson Investigator Training at the College of DuPage’s Homeland Education Center. He currently serves as an Executive Board Member for the Capitol Area Council, Boy Scouts of America (Austin, Texas). Mr. Thakrar was named a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He was named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers in 2017.
- State University of New York College at Geneseo, B.A. 1999
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. 2003
- United States District Court- Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court- Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court- Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court- Western District of Texas
- United States District Court- Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court- Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Asian American Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Nominated Member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM Alliance)
Volunteer / Public Service
- Constitutional Rights Foundation of Chicago, Instructor
- The John Marshall Law School, Fred F. Herzog Moot Competition, Judge
- Arson & Fire Investigator Training at the College of DuPage (HEC), Instructor
- Executive Board Member for Capitol Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
Shepherd Mountain Plaza6034 W Courtyard DriveSuite 200Austin, Texas 78730 (737) 226-5315Email