Adam M. RomneyPartner, Los Angeles Office
Adam Romney is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office. His practice focuses primarily on civil litigation related to wildland fires and other catastrophic losses.
Mr. Romney handles every aspect of mass tort subrogation cases with a versatile skill set and with a special emphasis on scientifically complex theories of causation and catastrophic product failures. He has litigated wildfire subrogation claims against utilities and public entities for a decade, including numerous matters of national prominence.
As career high-stakes litigator, Mr. Romney has extensive cross-disciplinary experience in developing complex and novel legal theories across a broad array of practice areas. Before focusing his practice on subrogation, he worked in Silicon Valley defending large corporate clients in securities litigation matters, national security contracting disputes, and litigation against international institutions. Drawing from this broad base of experience, Mr. Romney approaches new legal problems from an unusual perspective and often perceives legal avenues that would remain otherwise invisible.
Mr. Romney also drafts and argues appeals in both State and Federal court, authoring a successful petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court in just his first year of practice.
Mr. Romney earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Emory University and his law degree from Vanderbilt Law School, financing his legal education by working part-time as a coach for the University’s undergraduate policy debate team. In his spare time, Adam taught himself to speak Russian and Ukrainian, and is the co-founder and president of United Ukraine: a charity focusing on direct support for civilians adversely impacted by the war in Ukraine.
- Emory University, B.A. 2005
- Vanderbilt Law School, J.D. 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court- Central District of California
- United States District Court- Eastern District of California
- United States District Court- Northern District of California
- United States District Court- Southern District of California
- United States District Court- District of Arizona
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- California Lawyer Association
Volunteer / Public Service
- United Ukraine, Co-Founder and President
5535 Balboa BoulevardSuite 219Encino, California 91316 (747) 233-7150Email