Kathleen A. ReidPartner, Geneva Office
Kathleen Reid is a partner in the firm’s Geneva, Illinois office. Ms. Reid’s main area of concentration includes the defense of products liability, premises liability, and discrimination claims for a variety of self-insured retail and other businesses, product manufacturers and suppliers, and national insurance carriers in state and federal venues across the country, as well as the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Ms. Reid has successfully handled complex products and construction defect litigation in multi-million dollar actions, obtaining motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment on behalf of her clients. She also works extensively with her clients in the area of risk avoidance and has favorably resolved disputes prior to the initiation of litigation.
Ms. Reid also has extensive experience in other complex civil litigation practice areas, including construction accident and construction defect litigation, long-term care facility and nursing home defense, commercial and residential premises liability, and municipal and public entity liability, including Section 1983 lawsuits. Ms. Reid has also handled large loss subrogation recovery matters, involving both fire and flood damages.
In 2010, Ms. Reid was named among AIG Insurance’s “Top Ten Attorneys” in the nation. In 2014, she achieved an AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell rating, the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. Ms. Reid is a nominated member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, as well as a nominated committee member for the Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality Committee. She is a strong, detail oriented advocate for her clients and prides herself on efficient file handling.
Ms. Reid earned her B. A. in English Literature from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and received her J. D. from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois.
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, B.A. 1995
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1998
- United States District Court Trial Bar
- United States District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- Nominated Member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM Alliance)
- CLM Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
Volunteer / Public Service
- Illinois State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Evaluator
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure “Pink Honor Roll,” Volunteer/Fundraiser
- Living Well Cancer Resource Center, Volunteer/Fundraiser
- St. John Neumann Ministry, Volunteer Catechist
- DuPage County Human Services, Holiday Family Adoption Volunteer
- Fox Ridge Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, Chairperson/Volunteer
407 S Third StreetSuite 200Geneva, Illinois 60134 (630) 457-2088Email