David H. FiskPartner, Dallas Office
David Fisk is a partner in the firm’s Dallas office. Mr. Fisk concentrates his practice on large-loss property subrogation and construction matters, primarily representing businesses, homeowners, and builder’s risk, property, and liability insurers pursuing property damage claims against tortfeasors and other wrongdoers. His subrogation practice involves catastrophic losses resulting from construction and design defects, fires, explosions, machinery and equipment failures, and gas and water leaks, as well as transit losses. Mr. Fisk also counsels developers, owners, and general contractors in construction disputes and on contract issues.
Mr. Fisk’s legal experience began at an early age, clerking for his father’s construction law and litigation firm in high school, and then working for a construction, environmental, and utility law firm while studying economics and computer science at the University of Texas at Austin. While in law school at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Mr. Fisk clerked in the legal department at Zachry Construction Corporation and was introduced to the field of subrogation during a summer clerkship at a firm in Dallas.
Since graduating from law school in 2005, Mr. Fisk has represented clients throughout Texas and Oklahoma and handled cases across the United States with the assistance of local counsel. Mr. Fisk is an active member of NASP, LEA, and PLRB and has been published in NASP’s Subrogator magazine, The Construction Lawyer journal, and Construction Today magazine. He is also a co-author of Chapter 162: Amount Recoverable in Subrogation in the New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition and has presented on subrogation topics at the annual conferences for NASP and PLRB. In 2021, he wrote a white paper on The Ins and Outs of Waivers of Subrogation for the 34th Annual Texas Construction Law Conference.
Mr. Fisk was selected to Texas Rising Stars by Super Lawyers from 2014 through 2020 and as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2022. Mr. Fisk has also been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in 2022 and 2023 for work in construction law.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2002
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association (DBA), Construction Law Section and Tort & Insurance Practice Section
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- Loss Executives Association
- Property & Liability Research Bureau (PLRB)
Volunteer / Public Service
- Co-Chair of DBA Home Project Committee in partnership with Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
- Parish Episcopal School, Board Member and Executive Committee Member
2121 N. Pearl StreetSuite 300Dallas, Texas 75201 (512) 922-6054Email