Waylon J. PickettManaging Partner, Portland Office
Waylon Pickett is the managing partner of the firm’s Portland office. Mr. Pickett’s litigation practice focuses on subrogation, product liability, commercial property, inverse condemnation, and government tort claims. In addition to large complex litigation matters, Mr. Pickett has represented individuals and insurance industry clients in large catastrophic losses with a record of success.
Mr. Pickett’s technical experience and interest in technology has proved valuable in many fire and flood related cases involving product defects and system failures. Mr. Pickett’s practice also includes numerous wildland fire cases involving power utility and communication companies.
In 2021, Mr. Pickett was awarded the “California Lawyer of the Year” (CLAY) Award for his work as co-lead subrogation counsel in the Woolsey Fire matter that resulted in a $2.2 billion settlement. Mr. Pickett also played key roles in the $11 billion subrogation resolution of the 2017 North Bay and 2018 Camp Fires among others.
Before earning his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, Mr. Pickett held a variety of positions in the electronics industry and as an audio engineer. At Hastings, Mr. Pickett was Senior Editor for the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal.
- Oregon State University, B.S. 2003
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. 2006
- United States District Court- Southern District of California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Volunteer / Public Service
- Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- AYSO Volunteer Referee
324 S Abernethy StreetPortland, Oregon 97239 (503) 384-2772Email