Waylon J. PickettPartner, Portland Office
Waylon Pickett is a partner and manages the firm’s Portland office. Mr. Pickett’s litigation practice focuses on subrogation, product liability, commercial property, inverse condemnation, and government tort claims. In addition to large complex litigation matters, Mr. Pickett has represented individuals and insurance industry clients in large catastrophic losses with a record of success.
Mr. Pickett’s technical experience and interest in technology has proved valuable in many fire and flood related cases involving product defects and system failures. Mr. Pickett’s practice also includes numerous wildland fire cases involving power utility and communication companies. In addition to the above, Mr. Pickett handles workers’ compensation matters, insurance contribution/indemnity cases, and contract disputes.
Before earning his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, Mr. Pickett held a variety of positions in the electronics industry and as an audio engineer. At Hastings, Mr. Pickett was Senior Editor for the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal. Mr. Pickett has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Oregon State University, B.S. 2003
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. 2006
- United States District Court- Southern District of California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Volunteer / Public Service
- Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- AYSO Volunteer Referee
0324 SW Abernethy StreetPortland, Oregon 97239 (503) 384-2772Email