Tiana K. Muntner
Tiana Muntner is an associate in the firm’s Geneva Office. Her practice focuses primarily in the areas of subrogation recovery and insurance defense, specifically in premises liability and products liability matters.
Ms. Muntner graduated cum laude in 2016 from Northern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. Ms. Muntner was the first NIU student to complete the Accelerated Law Degree Program, concurrently completing her 1L year at the College of Law and her senior year at NIU. She graduated magna cum laude with her Juris Doctor from the NIU College of Law in 2018, and was also one of only two students in her class to successfully complete and receive a Certificate in Civil Advocacy.
While in law school, Ms. Muntner served as Head of Chambers for the NIU College of Law Trial Advocacy Program, Vice President of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, Vice President of Phi Alpha Delta, Dooley Chapter, 3L Class Representative for the Student Bar Association, and a member of the Women’s Law Caucus. Ms. Muntner was the Champion of NIU’s Annual 2L Mock Trial Competition and was the recipient of the faculty-voted award and scholarship at graduation for her “Outstanding Contribution to Trial Advocacy.” She was also named to the Dean’s List all three years of her legal education.
Prior to joining Grotefeld Hoffmann, Ms. Muntner worked as a 711 Law Clerk at the Office of the Illinois Attorney General in the Workers’ Compensation Bureau. Additionally, Ms. Muntner worked as a 711 Student Attorney for the non-profit Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic, where she assisted low-income clients and represented women in high-danger domestic violence matters.
- Northern Illinois University, B.A. 2016
- Northern Illinois University, J.D., 2018
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association Law Practice Division
- American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Volunteer / Public Service
- Animal Legal Defense Fund, Attorney Member
- American Mock Trial Association, Volunteer Judge
- Safe Passage Domestic Violence Shelter, Volunteer
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, Member and Volunteer
407 S Third StreetSuite 200Geneva, Illinois 60134 630-457-2095Email